Just wanted to post a quick blog. I've been working and doing school, and sleep has been my #1 priority. However, I do want to mention my Nars Birthday Haul :)
There was a National Event here in Atl and Rafael was my MA. He has forever changed the way I do my makeup, just by showing me how to focus on my skin and foundation (and keeping eyes and lips light/subtle/soft). I normally like to focus on the lighter tones of the face and blend the darker tones into them (against most MA's wishes) but he showed me why it's easier to do the reverse: because you can contour and highlight to bring the front planes of the face to a middle ground without lots of product. So that's what I've been doing lately and it's been amazing.
I'll be retiring Px Antelope until it gets cold (and I get paler) again...for now I am Px Ginger. I'd bought the Anywear powder in this shade, but clearly didn't know how to use it. Gotta go buy it again :ugh:
Anyways, here's what I hauled:
Ita brush (love, love, love!)
Petula cream e/s
Borneo l/l
Kaliste' e/l (sooooo sexy on the waterline!)
Hellfire lacquer
Blush: Luster, Lovejoy, Zen
Sunset Strip l/g
Viva Las Vegas l/s
I've been using MAC's Sculpt/Shape duo's for contouring (w/Ita) and it's been super easy to look almost goddess-like...I look so refreshed with highlighting. And the BONUS: No concealer, and just a smidge of powder. All I really apply is foundation! Just fabulous :)
My only complaint: Lovely Rafael used Jamaica Oil-free on me (with Aqua Gel underneath) and I looked so Saint Tropez and slick! I am not used to "dewy" me. I think he also mixed a lighter shade of base in with Jamaica, but didn't tell me what it was. Clearly I am not Naomi Campbell's complexion...oh well, that's what Px is for :p
So hopefully when I get a free(-er) moment, I will do some FOTDs and show y'all my new contouring skills. There's actually a look that's posted on Specktra of Beyonce that I copied...and made my own, that is now like my everyday look...So that's coming soon :D
Holla <3
Thursday, May 29, 2008
I'm neither here nor there...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment