Sunday, January 1, 2012

Twisty-turvy snapshot

Here are just a few pics on my twisting attempts. I have decided that this is my favorite way to wear my hair besides the wash n go. I didn't want to admit it to myself because I used to do these so much back in the day, but they really "work" for me.

11/20/2011 set

11/20/2011 set

12/3/2011 set

12/3/2011 set

Right now I am using Qhemet Biologics Burdock Root Butter Cream, Avocado butter, and FOTE Aloe Vera gel to do my twists. Since the December set, I decided I will continue to twist on blown dry hair (tension method). Doing this keeps the length stretched for a longer time and makes twisting go faster. (The November twists were done on damp hair.)

Seriously...when I calculated the time it took for me to re-do my wash n go every few days and compared it to how much time it took me to put the twists in, it was a no-brainer--twists all the time.  Ironically after I took this set down around Christmas (and since then b/c I haven't done them again yet), my wash n go takes less time and lasts longer, lol. So I don't know which I like best at this point. I'll probably switch back and forth between the two styles often--still haven't perfected the braid out yet *sigh*

xoxo

No comments: