Hey y'all! I'm blogging about hair right now because I am seriously considering getting a sew-in. I don't feel like messing with my hair at all, but it's been years since I've used extensions. There was a time when I felt like I had to have weave in order to have long hair, and now that my hair is finally retaining length, I don't want to regress, y'know?
*sigh*
So I don't know what I will do, but I am almost 7 wks post relaxer right now, and tomorrow I'll wash and put in flexirods (my new favorite toys!!) and think about it some more.
My goal is to reach Arm Pit Length (APL) by December, but I don't know if I will make it. I started up my vitamin regimen again, and I'm looking for even simpler methods than what I already do, so hopefully I will make it.
Wish me luck, and if you have any input for my dilemma, holla at ya girl, lol!
<3
Saturday, June 21, 2008
To Weave or not to Weave?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Your hair looks like mine when I first started my journey. I had just graduated college and decided to wear sew-in weaves for the summer. By the fall I had thick shoulder length hair. I also realized that I am not a do-it-yourself person. In college I did my hair myself (relaxers too) and that ruined my hair. When I moved to DC a year ago for med school I decided to go to dominican salons every two weeks. That grew my hair fast but I lost a lot of the thickness I gained from wearing weaves. So I stopped going (plus I can do my own blowouts) and found a regular stylist who does weaves and is about healthy hair growth. I am two inches from brastrap which I hope to be by December. I currently have a weave in to help me reach my goal and to get back my thickness. So to make a long story short I think us fine hair ladies benefit from weaves even if you wear it for just four weeks. Good luck!
Post a Comment