Monday, February 25, 2008

One more thing...

Before I forget! I decided to discontinue using Clinique Acne Solutions. Night before last I had a severe dry rash/burning incident, and decided that the best thing for me to do right now is to repair what my skin has gone through right now, instead of waiting for my skin to "get used to" the product. Usually that method doesn't work for my skin (being hella sensitive and all. Yep, I said "hella" :3)

So I'm going back to super soothing drugstore items. Here's the new skin care regimen, straight outta my own medicine cabinet, lol!

AM:
Wash with Aveeno Ultra-Calming Foaming Cleanser
Dr. Dover SkinEffects Advanced Brightening Complex
Neutrogena Acne Stress Control 3n1 Hydrating Acne Gel
Zapzyt 10% BP (spot treatment)
Pond's Age DefEYE eye cream (I <3 this stuff! It's discontinued now, though, grr! I own 2.5 jars, hehe)
Dove Sensitive Skin Lotion (on cheeks)
Ambi Even & Clear Moisturizer SPF 30

PM:
Wash w/Aveeno OR Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne wash gel (I need to get the foam)
Dr. Dover SkinEffects Advanced Brightening Complex
Neutrogena Acne Stress Control 3n1 Hydrating Acne Gel
Zapzyt 10% BP (spot treatment)
Pond's Age DefEYE eye cream
Dove Sensitive Skin Lotion (on cheeks or all over)

Um, yeah, so basically I am going back to the regimen Dr. Baumann wrote up in her book for the OSPTs. As long as I prevent irritation and redness, my skin will heal (I seriously believe the Clinique BURNED off a layer of my face! I am flaking and red like a mofo), and then all will be well in the world.

Holla!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It could be that the Clinique was getting rid of the outer layers of skin instead of actually burning it (cell turnover). When I started using Retin A Micro I had some peeling and redness for the first few weeks. Now my skin is great. :)

How great are your results with Pond's Age DefEYE eye cream? I'm very interested in this.

Artemis said...

I wish it was just exfoliation, but it was true burning. I actually tried retin-a as a youth, my face fell painfully off in sheets. My skin is very sensitive, and inflammation causes hyperpigmentation, so my goal is irritate my skin as little as possible.

Age DefEYE is really great! My puffiness goes away quickly after using it. And I've noticed that darkness under the eye (not really circles) is lighter. You should try it if you can find it in your area :)